Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014....welcome.....


I truly did not think I would get a post out by the first of the year. But it just didn't seem fitting to let the new year slide by without paying homage to one of the best and hardest years I've had in awhile. 

So 2013, I'm not sure I'll miss you but I will never forget you. You were filled with so much heartache, tears, self doubt, and fear but you also provided me with courage, humor, grace and optimism to find a steady place to get through and learn so much. Thank you.

Ten things I will take away from 2013: 

  1. Comparing yourself to others is never helpful. Ever. 
  2. The people you love will be there for you, no matter how long ago the last phone call was. 
  3. It is always worth it to be generous. Always. 
  4. Sometimes finding your voice is hard, really hard. But once you find it, listen.
  5. The Midwest can be an amazing place if you let it be. 
  6. It is very easy to let your life pass you by dreaming about somewhere else. Unfortunately, that place isn't any better. Guaranteed. 
  7. Blogging once a month is ok. And you don't have to beat yourself up for it.
  8. More yoga, less refined sugar. Yes. 
  9. Finding what you love in life is important and rewarding. It's also hard work and sometimes you want to quit.
  10. Having strong friends and relationships is the backbone to any endeavor you want to embark on. Those people will be there to celebrate with you and also pick you up when you fall. Everything we do is all about people anyway. 

Thanks to everyone that has been a part of my year from near and far and cheers to what the next one brings. 

Photo via Made & State

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Rebecca. So simple yet so profound. Especially number ten. I couldn't have made my big leaps of faith without a strong circle of friends and family. They've (you being one of them) shaped me into the person I am today and remind me of the courage I have to follow my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love you MBJ. Thank you so much. I wrote this post in 15 min. That is to say it was just something that needed to come out!

    Love you and love everything you are doing. Follow those dreams girl! They won't let you know.

    ReplyDelete